Thursday, December 27, 2007

In Between Times

I'm always a bit ambivalent about the festive season, especially when you get to the post-match analysis: kids reasonably pleased with their haul; dinner - passable, even if it was raw first time out of the oven; rellies - suitably entertained, fed and re-dispatched to other rellies.

If I had my way, the whole thing would be a lot shorter - by about a week. The new year thing - well, what's another year, as Johnny Logan once sang... and I for one will be quite relieved when the kids are back at school and I can get back to writing once more!

Happy New Year to everyone popping in - ooh - and it's almost two years since I got going on blogger - more later!

6 comments:

belle said...

Happy new year to you and your's too! Missed you, glad you're back :o)

Jon M said...

Happy New One! Hope it's a goodun!

Anonymous said...

I tend to agree with you that the whole thing is too long. Happy New Year!

S. Kearney said...

A very happy 2008 to you and your nestful, Barbara. It's been a pleasure to read your posts here and I look forward to more. :-)

Avery Gray said...

Heck, passable is all I can ever hope for. Happy New Year! Hope it's great!

And thanks for coming by my blog and commenting! You've made my day! ;o)

Unknown said...

Happy New Year, and yes it is too long!!