Monday, August 27, 2007

Look what dropped into my letterbox

The latest issue of Anon.

It's been a while since the last issue, Anon 4, which I subscribed to on the strength of Rob MacKenzie's say so - at least I think it was him. I see a name in it I'm sure I recognise; Marianne Burton, so that augurs well! The idea is that selection is truly blind: the editors don't get to see the names, just the poetry.

There's lots in it besides poetry - an analysis of a Timothy Murphy sonnet originally seen on Eratosphere; an insight into the development of a MS for Bodywork, Dilys Rose's collection; and a piece on Margaret Tait's film poems.

The editorial explains the long absence and Anon's exciting plans for the future. It's all go with this publication, I can't wait to get my teeth into it.

3 comments:

Jon M said...

What a brilliant idea. I love the idea of someone reading your work 'cold' so to speak. Have you submitted stuff?

Unknown said...

No but I will, the quality is great and the whole thing is so well crafted - a small booklet you can pop in your pocket!

Kay Cooke said...

A great idea - the art valued over the renown is always the better idea.