Sunday, June 17, 2007

Eight, ate, eight, late, mate

So, I haff been tagged -mwah hah hah hah hah!

Eight - nice number, divisible by two and four, oh and one. I 'ate eight (get on with it!) Alrighty!

First:
1. I have to post these rules before I give you the ficts.
2. Each participant posts eight random facts about themselves (I'm sure I've done this before).
3. Tagees should write a blogpost of eight random ficts/facts about themselves.
4. At the end of the post, eight more bloggers are tagged (named and shamed).
5. Go to their blog, leave a comment telling them they're tagged (cut and run).

Randomly generated ficts:

1. My parents had a row with the person I was to be named after, shortly after I was born, and changed my name so that I was named for Santa Barbara in California. I haven't forgiven them. Latterly.
2. I used to tell people I had a dead twin when I was about six or seven. I don't.
3. I once wrote a play about St. Augustine in primary school. I can't remember who he is now or why I thought a play about him was a good idea.
4. My mother had a pattern for a blouse that I once made about ten different versions of, across four years. Amazingly they always fitted.
5. I played the Irish harp for about three years as a teenager and got placed in Irish Feis' twice. Not conducive to looking cool as a teenager though, lugging a great big lump of wood with strings around.
6. I get really horrible stage fright before reading poetry, but try to harness the adrenaline as best I can. Bit masochistic, I think.
7. I have a really high threshold for pain (giving birth to six kids is a bit of a giveaway, really).
8. I have a really high threshold for holding hot things as a result of working with tiles and kilns a lot when I was younger. I do still have fingerprints, though.

There - phew, that waren't too bad!

Now -tagees, hmmm.
Apprentice
Debi Alper
John G's Publog
Meloney Lemon
Cybez
Maht Moontopples
Chief Biscuit
skint writer

9 comments:

Jon M said...

I once had to shift a classical harp for this Welsh woman who was playing before my band. It weighed a ton!!!
And we had to fit it in the back of a volvo, we only said, 'd'you need a hand?' out of politeness!

Unknown said...

No mean feat getting it in the back of a Volvo!

Jon M said...

It was me feet and fingers that I was worried about! I'll never play the harpsichord again!

Unknown said...

Done mine!

Unknown said...

Ooh John.g coming over to look!

Jon m - gr-o-a-n... should have seen that one coming!

apprentice said...

Ok I've done mine but they're very boring.

I'm pleased you still have fingerprints B, I think women get used to habdling hot stuff. My mother's favourite trick was to pass my Dad a hot dinner plate and then watch him flinch.

The Moon Topples said...

I have completed thy task. It was excruciating, but kind of fun.

Unknown said...

I'm laughing Apprentice - I've often done that to Fin - hee hee!

Mah -off to look now :)

Debi said...

Oh yikes! You've tagged me ... and I happen to know you're not the first to nab me for this but I'm snowed under (she says to the woman with 6 kids who still has time to mess about with Lara Croft).

Can I cheat by giving this link to 5 things?
http://debialper.blogspot.com/2006/10/this-meme-really-is-me-me.html