Friday, October 27, 2006

Meme-alonga-meme

What is your idea of perfect happiness?
There is no such thing. I'm quite resigned to degrees of satisfaction.

What is your greatest fear?
That when I pop me clogs, that will be it!

What is your favorite journey?
It used to be from home in Northern Ireland to Rosslare in the very south of Ireland to collect our Mum from her annual journey home to Alencon, in France - but the coast trip from San Francisco to Santa Barbara last year almost tops it.

What do you consider the most over-rated virtue?
All of them!

What virtue do you wish you had more of?
All of them!

On what occasion do you lie?
On a need to lie basis, which given the fact that I have kids is quite a lot. Mostly white ones, though - I swear!

Which words do you most over use?
'Actually', and 'we'll see'

What is your greatest extravagance?

Ever?... bugger... probably having so many children! Think of all the descendents... agh!

What do you dislike about your appearance?
Where do you want me to start? It's a body!

Which living person do you most despise?
I would have had much firmer opinions on this subject when I was younger. Now I'm more uncertain, especially when I look around the world today. It's sad really.

What is your greatest regret?
Having no regrets.

What or who is the greatest love of your life?
Words.

When and where were you happiest?
When I was a child before the age of six-seven. They were the days, when a day seemed so damn long! Especially in mid-summer.

Which talent would you most like to have?
The ability to fit a lot more into the day.

What is your current state of mind?
I have a state of mind? I thought it was just a mind...!

If you could change one thing about your family, what would it be?
Nothing, really - we are what we are.

If you could die and come back as a person or thing, what would it be?
A key.

What is your most treasured possession?
My brain.

What thing would you like to have, that you do not?
Don't really do 'things'

What do you think is the lowest depth of misery?
Seeing others in depressed states and being unable to help.

What is the quality you most like in a man?
Tolerance. In large measure.

What physical quality do you like in a man?
A large cock. There - I've always wanted to say that! ;¬)

What do you most value in friends?
The ability to keep secrets and not to judge.

What quality do you most dislike in a person?
Meanness.

Who are your favorite writers?
William Blake, W.B. Yeats, Patrick Kavanagh, Virgina Woolf, George Eliot, Jane Austen, Eavan Boland, Abdulrazak Gurnah... must I choose...?

Who are your heroes in real life?
A woman who used to be a neighbour of mine. I've never met anyone so original and kind. She performed daily miracles with the liberal application of tea.

What are your favorite names?
Ones that are unusual and aren't heard very often. Or old names that you've not heard in years.

How would you like to die?
Quickly. Very, very quickly.

What is your motto?
How many sugars in that?

2 comments:

claireylove said...

you manged to make me break out into a large guffaw - can you guess at which part? ;-)

Unknown said...

hee hee!